- Gift available while they last: satin pillowcase
What's the problem with plastic bottles?
A million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute and the number is projected to jump another 20% by 2021. This equates to about 20,000 bottles being bought every second; More than 480 billion plastic drinking bottles were sold in 2016 across the world, up from about 300 billion a decade ago. If placed end to end, these bottles would extend more than halfway to the sun. By 2021 annual plastic bottles sold is projected to increase to 583.3 billion. Fewer than half of the bottles bought in 2016 were collected for recycling and just 7% of those collected were turned into new bottles. That means, approximately 93% of the 480 billion plastic water bottles sold in 2016 ended up in landfill or in the ocean. Plus:
1. It lasts longer than liquid shampoo
2. It doesn’t use any unnecessary packaging
3. It doesn’t contain any synthetic detergents/cleansers
4. It’s super bubbly
5. It leaves your hair feeling squeaky clean & lusciously soft